French Banana Pancakes Recipe
These pancakes are a real breakfast favorite in our family. Even our 8- and 10-year-old daughters make them all by themselves when they have friends spend the night. Now their friends' mothers are asking for the recipe! —Cheryl Sowers, Bakersfield, California
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 to 6 firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- Whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- 1. Sift flour and confectioners' sugar into a bowl. Add milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 6-in. skillet; add about 3 tablespoons batter, spreading to almost cover bottom of skillet. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter (make 10-12 pancakes), greasing skillet as needed.
- 3. For filling, melt butter in large skillet. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cream and cook until slightly thickened. Add half of the bananas at a time to skillet; heat for 2-3 minutes, spooning sauce over them. Remove from the heat.
- 4. Roll a pancake around each banana half and place on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over pancakes. Top with whipped cream and dash of cinnamon if desired. Yield: 5-6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 403 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for French Banana Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC