French Apricot Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
- 1 package French vanilla cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Remove 1-1/2 cups and set aside. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Spread apricot preserves over warm crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Drop by spoonfuls and spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar: 128 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for French Apricot Cream Cheese Bars
"I made this the other night and my sister and husband declared them delicious. They were delicious. I did add one half of a tsp of vanilla to the cake mix portion. I think next time I make them I will add a bit of coconut to the reserved crumb mixture."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.