- 1 package French vanilla cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Remove 1-1/2 cups and set aside. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Spread apricot preserves over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Drop by spoonfuls and spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for French Apricot Cream Cheese Bars
Sort By :
I made this the other night and my sister and husband declared them delicious. They were delicious. I did add one half of a tsp of vanilla to the cake mix portion. I think next time I make them I will add a bit of coconut to the reserved crumb mixture.