I used to prepare this eye-catching tart with my grandmother. It has a buttery, tender crust that's topped with glossy glazed apple slices.—Esteban Vazquez, Encino, California
Featured In: Recipes Inspired by Beauty and the Beast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon apple brandy or water
- In a food processor, combine the flour, butter, sugar and salt; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. While processing, gradually add water in a steady stream until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll out pastry to a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle; transfer pastry to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Beginning at one corner of the pastry, arrange overlapping apple slices diagonally to opposite corner. Repeat rows. Sprinkle with sugar; dot with butter.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and brandy; microwave on high for 30 seconds or until blended. Brush over warm tart. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as French Apple Tart in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p262
Reviews for French Apple Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review