Freezer Veggie Burgers Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1. Place the beans, oats and ketchup in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the vegetables, garlic and seasonings. Shape into six 3-in. patties; wrap each in plastic wrap and freeze.
- 2. To use frozen burgers:Unwrap burgers and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger equals 241 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Freezer Veggie Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.