- SOUP BASE:
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups water
- In a kettle or Dutch oven, combine the soup base ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Cool.
- Place 2 cups each into freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 batches (4 cups total).
- To prepare soup: Thaw soup base in the refrigerator. Transfer to a kettle or Dutch oven. Add potatoes and water; simmer for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 2 batches (4 servings each).
Originally published as Freezer Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p34
Reviews for Freezer Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review