Freezer Strawberry Shortbread Dessert Recipe
When I’m planning party menus, I appreciate dessert recipes like this; you can make and freeze it up to two weeks before serving. A refreshing slice is welcome after a big meal.—Cassie Alexander, Muncie, Indiana
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and undrained
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, combine milk and daiquiri mix. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in strawberries; fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust (dish will be full). Freeze for 4 hours before serving.
- 3. For sauce, puree thawed undrained strawberries in a food processor or blender. Strain through a fine sieve. Drizzle over top. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 349 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Freezer Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC