When planning holiday menus, I appreciate dessert recipes like this that can be made ahead and frozen. A refreshing slice is welcome after a heavy meal.—Cassie Alexander, Muncie, Indiana
Featured In: 55 of Our Favorite Berry Dessert Recipes
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine milk and daiquiri mix. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in strawberries; fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust (dish will be full). Freeze for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Strawberry Dessert in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p157
Reviews for Freezer Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2013
"Yum. This was amazing and so perfect for a hot summer day as a BBQ dessert. I found it simple to prepare. I used fresh strawberries."
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2012
"If strawberries are a fav, this dish is great all year long. So easy too!"