When planning holiday menus, I appreciate dessert recipes like this that can be made ahead and frozen. A refreshing slice is welcome after a heavy meal.—Cassie Alexander, Muncie, Indiana
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine milk and daiquiri mix. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in strawberries; fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust (dish will be full). Freeze for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Strawberry Dessert in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p157
Reviews for Freezer Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2013
"Yum. This was amazing and so perfect for a hot summer day as a BBQ dessert. I found it simple to prepare. I used fresh strawberries."
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2012
"If strawberries are a fav, this dish is great all year long. So easy too!"