Freezer Salsa Recipe
Kids in the home economics class at the school where I teach were making this salsa, and it smelled so good that I got the recipe. It's a great way to use up garden produce. —Deanna Richter, Elmore, Minnesota
- 8 cups diced seeded peeled tomatoes (about 10 large)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- 2. Pour into small freezer containers. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Stir before serving. Yield: 10 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 23 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC