Freezer Salsa Recipe
- 8 cups diced seeded peeled tomatoes (about 10 large)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- 2. Pour into small freezer containers. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Stir before serving. Yield: 10 cups.
1/4 cup equals 22 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Freezer Salsa
"Best salsa and so good to have all year long. I've shared this recipe with many people and they all rave about it. The recipe says you can keep it frozen for 3 months but you can actually keep it for a lot longer. I make about 40 containers when tomatoes are ripe in the garden."
"I have made it several times and it is wonderful. Would this recipe work if you canned in jars with a hot water bath? I would like to be able to keep longer than the "up to 3 months" in the freezer."
"Was wondering if anyone has ever made this with a can or 2 of green chilies instead of jalapenos? Live in country & don't know if small store has jalapenos."
"Very easy recipe to make and delicious! I did not seed the tomatoes and it was still great. I will make it again."
"Have made this many times. Decreased the sugar to 1 teaspoon. This recipe freezes very well. I poured the salsa into quart freezer bags and laid flat in the freezer. Saves on freezer space."
"This was an easy salsa to make. It was delicious. My step-son and husband gave it a two thumbs up!"
"Don't let the tomato soup throw you. This is a good and easy salsa. I put mine in jars due to lack of freezer space."
"i found this in ataste of home magazine and have been making it for years. every get together or event i'm asked to bring it. add more jalpenos for more heat. add fresh grown cilantro if you have it. this is a real winner!!!!!"
"This salsa is the best! Everyone enjoys it. I have had people bring me the ingredients to make more!"
"I made this last summer - my first time making any salsa. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! It's absolutley the best ever! My kids can't wait for me to maek it again. This year I'll have to make a double batch - or maybe two. . . ."