Freezer Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Vera Reid of Laramie, Wyoming puts a cool twist on tradition with this wonderful do-ahead dessert. Gingersnaps and pecans form the delicious baked crust for this pie's pumpkin and ice cream filling.
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1. In a bowl, combine the pecans, gingersnaps, sugar and butter; mix well. Press into a 9-in. pie pan; bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. In a bowl, beat first six filling ingredients. Stir in ice cream and mix until well blended. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Store in freezer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 371 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC