Freezer Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Vera Reid of Laramie, Wyoming puts a cool twist on tradition with this wonderful do-ahead dessert. Gingersnaps and pecans form the delicious baked crust for this pie's pumpkin and ice cream filling.
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnaps
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, gingersnaps, sugar and butter; mix well. Press into a 9-in. pie pan; bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat first six filling ingredients. Stir in ice cream and mix until well blended. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Store in freezer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Freezer Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p13
Reviews for Freezer Pumpkin Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2011
This was absolutely delicious! I liked it better than regular pumpkin pie, so it was that good! Instead of regular vanilla ice cream, I used fat free vanilla frozen yogurt and it turned out great!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >