Freezer Mud Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat chocolate ice cream and coffee ice cream. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. For chocolate sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in sugar, salt and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- 4. Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with pie and chocolate sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 731 calories, 46 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.