Freezer Mud Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat chocolate ice cream and coffee ice cream. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. For chocolate sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in sugar, salt and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- 4. Remove pie from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with pie and chocolate sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 731 calories, 46g fat (27g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Freezer Mud Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.