Freezer French Toast Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Place bread in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour egg mixture over bread. Let soak for several minutes, turning once to coat. Freeze until firm. Package in airtight containers.
- 2. To bake, place bread on a well-greased baking sheet. Dot with butter. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes; turn and bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
2 pieces: 220 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.