Freezer French Toast Recipe
I don't care for prepackaged frozen French toast, but I rarely have time in the mornings to prepare it from scratch. Then my friend gave me this wonderful recipe. I keep a freezer full of these slices and simply pop them into the oven for a homemade breakfast in no time.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Place bread in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour egg mixture over bread. Let soak for several minutes, turning once to coat. Freeze until firm. Package in airtight containers.
- 2. To bake, place bread on a well-greased baking sheet. Dot with butter. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes; turn and bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 4-5 servings.
2 piece: 217 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Freezer French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC