Freezer Coleslaw Recipe
"Every year, we go on a 5-day camping trip and plan ahead for all of our meals," relates Lynn Johnson from Alexandria, Minnesota. "I always prepare and freeze this salad beforehand. It stays fresh right through to the last day."
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, shredded
- 1 small onion, shredded
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green pepper and onion. Add sugar; toss to coat. In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, oil, salt, mustard and celery seed. Bring to a boil. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Coleslaw may be frozen up to 3 months; remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Freezer Coleslaw in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p55
Reviews for Freezer Coleslaw(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review