Freaky Hand Sandwiches Recipe
—Anna Mowan, Spencerville, Indiana
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 24 slices thin sandwich bread, crusts removed
- Sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon spreadable cream cheese
- Neon green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread 1/4 cup chicken salad onto 12 bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- 2. For fingers, cut each of six sandwiches into four 3/4-in. strips. With a small knife, trim one end of each strip, forming a point. For fingernails, attach an almond to each strip with a dab of cream cheese. With a clean paint brush, paint almond nails with green food coloring if desired.
- 3. From each of the remaining sandwiches, cut out one strip for the thumb and one 2-in. oval for the palm. Trim strips; attach almonds and paint the thumbnails. Arrange one palm, four fingers and a thumb on each plate. Yield: 6 sandwiches.
1 each: 195 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 16g protein .
Reviews for Freaky Hand Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC