Franks N Cabbage
Getting my kids to eat cabbage is a challenge, so I dress it up with this recipe. The kids like the franks and the creamy, mild mustard sauce. It's an easy, fun meal for the whole family.Precious Owens, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Place cabbage in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, place 1 in. of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil; add
- the hot dogs. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 7
- For mustard sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk and mustard.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain cabbage and hot dogs; serve with mustard sauce. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 369 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,123 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.