Franks N Cabbage Recipe
Getting my kids to eat cabbage is a challenge, so I dress it up with this recipe. The kids like the franks and the creamy, mild mustard sauce. It's an easy, fun meal for the whole family.—Precious Owens, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. Place cabbage in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place 1 in. of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil; add the hot dogs. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 7 minutes.
- 3. For mustard sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain cabbage and hot dogs; serve with mustard sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 369 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,123 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Franks N Cabbage
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC