- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Place cabbage in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, place 1 in. of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil; add the hot dogs. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 7 minutes.
- For mustard sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain cabbage and hot dogs; serve with mustard sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Franks N Cabbage in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p14
Reviews for Franks N Cabbage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2010
"I didn't really like this recipe. Mustard sauce was good, but the combination of hotdogs, cabbage and sauce didn't work for me."