- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Place cabbage in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, place 1 in. of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil; add the hot dogs. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 7 minutes.
- For mustard sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain cabbage and hot dogs; serve with mustard sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Franks N Cabbage in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p14
Reviews for Franks N Cabbage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2010
I didn't really like this recipe. Mustard sauce was good, but the combination of hotdogs, cabbage and sauce didn't work for me.