Franks and Corn Bread Recipe
"We ate this corn bread-topped casserole often when our children were growing up, and it was always well received," shares Marilyn Hoiten of Rockford, Illinois. "It's so easy to throw together after work that I still make it for my husband and me."
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 package (12 ounces) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pork and beans, hot dogs, brown sugar, Worcestershire and mustard. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; stir in cheese. Drop by spoonfuls onto bean mixture. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC