Franks 'n' Beans Supper Recipe
Your hungry clan will clean their plates when you serve this creamy concoction from Marline Muckenhirn of Delano, Minnesota. Hot dogs, green beans, potatoes and bacon combine to make a hearty meal.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 6 hot dogs, cut into thirds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced cooked potatoes
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute hot dogs and onion in drippings until onion is tender. Combine soup, water, thyme and pepper; add to skillet with potatoes and beans. Mix well; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Top with bacon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 313 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Franks 'n' Beans Supper
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC