Frankie's Bride Cake
Let his hair-raising cake be the star of your next Halloween party. Because she's made with a convenient cake mix, you'll have plenty of time to decorate her BOOtifully! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
16-20 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 7-1/2 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Purple and green paste food coloring
- ASSORTED CANDIES: Large marshmallow, black raspberry candies, black shoestring licorice, green Jordan almond, red shoestring licorice, red colored sugar, red raspberry candy, green sour gummy stars, candy corn, large black spice gumdrops and black licorice pastels
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into
- two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Place cakes end-to-end on a 22-in. x
- 8-in. covered board.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 6 cups confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Beat in
- enough remaining confectioners' sugar to achieve spreading
- consistency. Set aside 1/4 cup white frosting for hair. Remove 3
- cups frosting; tint purple. Tint remaining frosting green.
- For bride's face, frost the top and sides of one cake with green