Frankie Cupcakes Recipe
These cupcakes are sure to impress the guests at your Halloween party. They will disappear soon after you set them out!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. YIELD:24 servings
- Pretzel sticks
- Large marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- Green colored sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Purple and black paste food coloring
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Purple nonpareils
- Candy coated licorice, spearmint leaves and Nerds candies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1. Insert a pretzel stick into a flat end of each marshmallow. Using a clean paint brush, lightly coat marshmallows with corn syrup. Immediately roll top and sides in green colored sugar; allow to dry for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, set aside 1/4 cup vanilla frosting. Tint remaining vanilla frosting purple and spread over cupcakes. Roll edge of cupcakes in nonpareils; set aside.
- 3. To decorate face, press candy coated licorice bolts into each side. Cut a small piece of spearmint leaf into an eyebrow, press cut side onto face. Using remaining vanilla frosting, pipe eyes; add Nerd candy eyeballs. Pipe chocolate frosting onto faces for mouths and stitches as desired.
- 4. Carefully insert pretzel stick into the center of each cupcake. Tint remaining chocolate frosting black. Using pastry tip 233, add black hair.
- 5. If desired, use black frosting to pipe the collar of a suit jacket outline. Fill in the center with black. Yield: Varied.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC