- Pretzel sticks
- Large marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- Green colored sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Purple and black paste food coloring
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Purple nonpareils
- Candy-coated licorice, spearmint leaves and Nerds candies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Insert a pretzel stick into a flat end of each marshmallow. Using a clean paint brush, lightly coat marshmallows with corn syrup. Immediately roll top and sides in green colored sugar; allow to dry for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set aside 1/4 cup vanilla frosting. Tint remaining vanilla frosting purple and spread over cupcakes. Roll edge of cupcakes in nonpareils; set aside.
- To decorate face, press candy coated licorice bolts into each side. Cut a small piece of spearmint leaf into an eyebrow, press cut side onto face. Using remaining vanilla frosting, pipe eyes; add Nerd candy eyeballs. Pipe chocolate frosting onto faces for mouths and stitches as desired.
- Carefully insert pretzel stick into the center of each cupcake. Tint remaining chocolate frosting black. Using pastry tip 233, add black hair.
- If desired, use black frosting to pipe the collar of a suit jacket outline. Fill in the center with black. Yield: Varied.
Reviews for Frankie Cupcakes
"I must try this tonight for my Halloween desert. I have also found a unique recipe for halloween, named "Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers". We can get the http://daawnrecipes.com/recipe/stuffed-jack-o-lantern-bell-peppers/ recipe here:"
"if I had a halloween party,these would be the desserts I'd make"
"They were a little messy to make but they were soo cute. My son just loved them."
"A huge hit at my daughters bake sale. A bit messy to make."