- Pretzel sticks
- Large marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- Green colored sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Purple and black paste food coloring
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Purple nonpareils
- Candy coated licorice, spearmint leaves and Nerds candies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Insert a pretzel stick into a flat end of each marshmallow. Using a clean paint brush, lightly coat marshmallows with corn syrup. Immediately roll top and sides in green colored sugar; allow to dry for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set aside 1/4 cup vanilla frosting. Tint remaining vanilla frosting purple and spread over cupcakes. Roll edge of cupcakes in nonpareils; set aside.
- To decorate face, press candy coated licorice bolts into each side. Cut a small piece of spearmint leaf into an eyebrow, press cut side onto face. Using remaining vanilla frosting, pipe eyes; add Nerd candy eyeballs. Pipe chocolate frosting onto faces for mouths and stitches as desired.
- Carefully insert pretzel stick into the center of each cupcake. Tint remaining chocolate frosting black. Using pastry tip 233, add black hair.
- If desired, use black frosting to pipe the collar of a suit jacket outline. Fill in the center with black. Yield: Varied.
Originally published as Frankie Cupcakes in Halloween Food & Fun 2010 2010, p31
Reviews for Frankie Cupcakes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Cupcake Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >