Kids of all ages will love these fun and fruity Frankenstein faces made from rectangles of jiggly green gelatin resting on bright purple kale. Bean sprout hair, jelly bean eyes and nose, mini marshmallow bolts and a sour cream smile give this memorable monster some playful personality.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 12 orange jelly beans
- 6 red jelly beans
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 12 miniature marshmallows
- Purple kale, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Pour into an 8-in. square pan
- that has been coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or
- until firm. Cut into six rectangles; place each on a plate. Decorate
- with bean sprouts for hair, orange jelly beans for eyes an a red
- jelly bean for nose. Fill a small plastic bag with sour cream; cut a
- small hole in the corner of the bag. Pipe a jagged smile on face.
- Place marshmallows on side of head for bolts. Garnish plates with
- kale if desired. Yield: 6 servings.