- 1 to 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Large marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- Green and black sprinkles
- M&M's miniature baking bits
- Candy coated licorice
- Spread frosting over cupcakes. Lightly coat marshmallows with corn syrup. Roll sides of marshmallows in green sprinkles; dip tops in black. Carefully place a marshmallow in the center of each cupcake.
- For eyes, attach baking bits to the face of each marshmallow with a small amount of frosting; pipe pupils using frosting. Attach licorice candies to sides of head for bolts. Pipe frosting onto faces for mouths and stitches as desired. Yield: Varied.
Reviews for Frankenstein Cupcakes
Sort By :
"So adorable! I really enjoyed making these. I used a kitchen basting brush to apply the corn syrup. I only made the top of the heads black and the whole body green. I let them dry and then put them on the frosted cupcake. (They don't fall off easily) I didn't use licorice or make bolts. But just used frosting to put the m&m's on and put smiley faces on them. My boyfriend/neighbors/co-workers thought they were cute and original. I can't wait to have kids so I can make these every halloween!! :)) (Warning - it does get a LITTLE sticky!)"
"These really did not turn out well at all. Decorative gel fell of the miniature baking bits and bled through the mouth. I had to really got the marshmallows in the corn syrup because it would not cover enough but then the sprinkles started to droop off. Putting them on toothpicks helped and spearing the side also helped to put in the licorice bolts. I would not make these again. Super messy and looked terrible when I was done. Not tasty either."
"takes a delicate hand, maybe a ton of experience, looks easy but didn't turn out picture perfect like you see"
"I made a similar one from a different web site, the only thing I did differnt was to add vanilla pudding in the cupcakes and I sprayed the marshmellos with green food coloring. It toke alot of work but they are so cute and creative, so worth it!! Kids love it!!"
"These are very labor intensive, it took me 2 and a half hours to decorate and assemble after baking and cooling the cupcakes. By the next morning when I needed them most had lost their eyes. I was not happy. Most people preferred my worms and dirt cupcakes to the Frankensteins' and I ended up bring half home."