Convenience items like a cake mix and canned frosting make this clever dessert a breeze to prepare. It always elicits oohs and ahhs at Halloween parties.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Moss green paste food coloring
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1 Swiss cake roll or Ho Ho
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into a
- greased and waxed paper-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a small
- bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, egg and vanilla
- until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls about 1 in. apart onto batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is firm when
- lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack to cool completely.
- To make Frankenstein, cut a piece of cake for the head (about 10 in.
- x 7-3/4 in.) and neck (about 2-1/2 in. x 4-1/2 in.). Cut two pieces
- for ears (about 2-3/4 in. x 1/2 in.). Save remaining cake for