- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 6 hot dogs, split lengthwise
- 12 hot dog buns, split and toasted
- In a saucepan, saute the onion and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder in butter until the onion is tender. Add two-thirds of the soup, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine salt and the remaining chili powder and soup. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 oval patties. Press a hot dog into each patty. Place patties, hot dog side down, on a broiler pan. Broil 6-in. from the heat for 6 minutes. Turn and broil 3-4 minutes longer or until the beef is no longer pink. Serve in buns with the sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frankburgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p117
Reviews for Frankburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review