Frank 'n' Swiss Crescents
Kids of all ages will enjoy these adorable appetizers. The savory bite-size snacks are quick to assemble with convenient crescent dough, hot dogs and Swiss cheese. Serve additional mustard alongside for dipping.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 8 reduced-fat hot dogs
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight triangles. Cut
- each piece into two triangles. Spread each triangle with mustard;
- sprinkle with cheese and seasoning blend.
- Cut rounded ends from hot dogs (discard or save for another use). Cut
- hot dogs in half widthwise; place one piece on the end of each
- triangle and roll up.
- Place pointed side down 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden
- brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: One appetizer equals 94 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.