Fourth of July Pizza
This festive pizza requires only four ready-to-use ingredients, so it can be assembled in no time. Kids will get a charge out of adding the cheese stars and stripes to the red "flag." —Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 4 string cheese, cut in half lenthwise
- 1 jar (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Unroll pizza dough and press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides
- of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425°
- for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a 1-in. star cookie cutter, cut eight stars from the American
- cheese. Cut each strip of string cheese in half lengthwise. Spread
- pizza sauce over crust.
- Arrange stars in the upper left corner. For stripes, arrange 15
- pieces of string cheese over sauce (save remaining piece for another
- use). Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 16
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.