This festive pizza requires only four ready-to-use ingredients, so it can be assembled in no time. Kids will get a charge out of adding the cheese stars and stripes to the red "flag." —Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
Featured In: 14 Flag-Shaped Recipes
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 4 string cheese, cut in half lenthwise
- 1 jar (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Unroll pizza dough and press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a 1-in. star cookie cutter, cut eight stars from the American cheese. Cut each strip of string cheese in half lengthwise. Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Arrange stars in the upper left corner. For stripes, arrange 15 pieces of string cheese over sauce (save remaining piece for another use). Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 16 slices.
Originally published as Fourth of July Pizza in Country Woman July/August 2001, p36
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fourth of July Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2011
"My grandkids love to help make this. Instead of cheese stars, we used pepperoni stars. Also we cut thin strips of hot dogs to place between the string cheese...the kids feel like it's their masterpiece."