Fourth of July Ice Cream Cake Recipe
This eye-catching dessert is actually easy to prepare and keeps well in the freezer for days. It's nice to be able to serve cake and ice cream in one slice. —Anne Scholovich, Waukesha, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 2 quarts strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Decorative mini paper flags, optional
- 1. Cut cake horizontally into four equal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the strawberry ice cream. Immediately place in freezer. Spread second cake layer with vanilla ice cream; place over strawberry layer in freezer. Spread third cake layer with remaining strawberry ice cream; place over vanilla layer in freezer. Top with remaining cake layer.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Frost top and sides of cake. Freeze until serving. Decorate with mini flags if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC