Fourth of July Ice Cream Cake Recipe
This eye-catching dessert is actually easy to prepare and keeps well in the freezer for days. It's nice to be able to serve cake and ice cream in one slice.—Anne Scholovich, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 2 quarts strawberry ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Cut cake horizontally into four equal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the strawberry ice cream. Place in freezer.
- 2. Spread second cake layer with vanilla ice cream; place over strawberry layer in freezer. Spread third cake layer with remaining strawberry ice cream; place over vanilla layer in freezer. Top with remaining cake layer. Freeze until ice cream is firm.
- 3. Beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top and sides of cake. Freeze until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 363 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Fourth of July Ice Cream Cake
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2014
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC