Fourth of July Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet, cook bacon, beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; add all of the beans and mix well. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into beef and bean mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fourth of July Bean Casserole(34)
Sort By :
I have to say this is the best bean recipe ever. I make it for our summer cookouts. I also make it for our Christmas dinner. It goes great with ham. Everyone loves it and looks forward to it.
I took this to a 4th of July potluck, it was a hit. I did use 1# of hamburger to make it alittle thicker and I will do that again. I substitue Maple Syrup for the brown sugar (same amount) because we have our own Maple Syrup. My husband, who is not normally a cook, loves to help make this because it is so simple.
Made these beans for the Fourth of July holiday. They were great! I had a "go to" bean recipe and this one is so much better. Loved the bacon...I didn't use as much white sugar as recipe called for though. Will make again. Love this kind of recipe with crusty bread along with a green and/or fresh fruit salad.
Very good. Just cooked then in my slow cooker. Will be making this again.
I made something like this from a Church cookbook. It's so much better than regular baked beans. My kids and grandkids ask me to make it all the time.
One thing, it is sweet, so I reduce some of the sugar. Try it you'll love it!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Side Dishes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >