- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (13.7 ounces each) beans with tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in sugars, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, molasses and chili powder. Add beans and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fourth of July Baked Beans
Sort By :
I know I have a sweet tooth and I really liked these.
Made this recipe using half the called for sugars. Still way sweet but very tasty indeed. Next try will be with no sugar.
Since I no longer have sweeth tooth, I only used 2 T brown sugar and no regular sugar. Very good baked beans worthy of 4th of July!
Thanks to the other reviews, I didn't add any sugar. I did add the molasses and the resulting sweet-tangy flavor was perfect. I can't imagine adding a cup of sugar--it would be way too sweet. If you like your beans a little sweeter, just add brown sugar to taste.
I made these for a cookout, They were a big hit. Made according to recipe except I had .95 pd ground beef so I cooked it all. I will make these again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Bean Recipes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beef Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >