- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (13.7 ounces each) beans with tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in sugars, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, molasses and chili powder. Add beans and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fourth of July Baked Beans
Sort By :
"Very good. BUT......l put in one third of the called for sugar and still a little to sweet. Mi would make this again with less sugar. I fryed the bacon with the ground. I used moose. Janet"
"Received rave reviews for this dish. Making it for a second time today."
"I know I have a sweet tooth and I really liked these."
"Made this recipe using half the called for sugars. Still way sweet but very tasty indeed. Next try will be with no sugar."
"Since I no longer have sweeth tooth, I only used 2 T brown sugar and no regular sugar. Very good baked beans worthy of 4th of July!"