- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (13.7 ounces each) beans with tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in sugars, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, molasses and chili powder. Add beans and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fourth of July Baked Beans
Sort By :
"Delicious! We halved it, & used Splenda brown sugar blend."
"This was delicious. I brought it to the family 4th of July get-together and there wasnt a morsel left. Many compliments. Thanks for sharing this"
"Easy peasy and mmmgood"
"I eliminated the meat, to make this a side dish. Also eliminated the white sugar. The result was YUMMY!!! Thanks for the inspiration."
"This is a family favorite. It is an often requested dish for potlucks. I only use the brown sugar, no white and the sweetness is perfect."