Four-Vegetable Bake Recipe
"Several members of my family enjoy meatless dishes, and I'm partial to casseroles, so this tasty dish pleases everyone," relates Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "It lets the goodness of the veggies come through."
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until zucchini is crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the zucchini mixture, artichokes, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Four-Vegetable Bake in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p47
Reviews for Four-Vegetable Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >