Four-Tomato Salsa Recipe
A variety of tomatoes, onions and peppers makes this chunky salsa so good. Whenever I try to take a batch to a get-together, it's hard to keep my family from finishing it off first! It's a super snack with tortilla chips or as a relish with meat.
- 7 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 7 medium red tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium orange tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red, orange and yellow pepper
- 3 pepperoncini, chopped
- 1/3 cup mild pickled pepper rings, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried chervil
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a colander, combine the tomatoes and salt. Let drain for 10 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the lime juice, oil, onions, peppers, parsley, cilantro and chervil. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week. Yield: 14 cups.
1/4 cup: 16 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Four-Tomato Salsa
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2013
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2011
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC