This spicy chili features traditional ingredients like ground beef, green peppers and tomatoes, but carrots and white beans, make it deliciously different. Serve it over rice for a hearty meal. - Frank Fenti, New York
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- Sour cream
- Shredded Colby cheese
- In a stockpot, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the tomatoes, beans, broth, carrot, celery, jalapenos and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until thick and bubbly.
- Serve with rice, sour cream and cheese. Yield: 18 servings (4-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Four-Star Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p128
Reviews for Four-Star Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review