Four-Pasta Beef Bake Recipe
- 8 cups uncooked pasta (four assorted pasta shapes of your choice)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 jars (26 ounces each) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, peppers, onions and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl; stir in the beef mixture, two jars of spaghetti sauce and eggs.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
1 serving equals 265 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Four-Pasta Beef Bake
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.