- 8 cups uncooked pasta (four assorted pasta shapes of your choice)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 jars (26 ounces each) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, peppers, onions and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl; stir in the beef mixture, two jars of spaghetti sauce and eggs.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Four-Pasta Beef Bake
Sort By :
"This was a hit at my house. My son went back for a big second helping!"
"I would get more creative next time and add garlic, more Mozzarella in it, red pepper, and Parmesan. Also some Italian spice. I used Classico roasted garlic and four cheese. It was very good. I halved it and it was still a huge dish, good for 6?"
"Used 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 sweet Italian ground sausage! Adds lots of additional flavor along with some garlic and a dash of Italian seasoning!"
"This is a good, simple dish. However, to perk up the flavor, add 1 or 2 cups of pizza sauce to the recipe or some Italian seasoning. It really does wonders for it. Toss in some red pepper flakes if you like a bit of zest in your food."