Four-Nut Brittle Recipe
Meet the Cook: We delight in being hospitable - it's the true mark of a country home...even if it is in the city. This recipe's one I created myself. I enjoy various kinds of nuts and wanted a candy that has a different crunch in every bite. My husband and I have a daughter, who's just turning 19 months old. -Kelly-Ann Gibbons, Prince George, British Columbia
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup each coarsely chopped almonds, pecans and walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Butter the sides of a large heavy saucepan. Add sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Stir in nuts and butter. Cook over medium heat to 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from heat; vigorously stir in baking soda and vanilla until blended.
- 3. Quickly pour onto two greased baking sheets, spreading as thinly as possible with a metal spatula. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 319 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Four-Nut Brittle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC