With creamy layers in a big 13x9-in. pan, this simple dessert is tailor-made for a buffet table. I like to add a sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds on top for the finishing touch. —Linda Knoll, Jackson, MI
Recommended: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gently spread over cream cheese layer. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate until cold. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Four-Layer Chocolate Dessert in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p107
Reviews for Four-Layer Chocolate Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review