Four-Layer Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chutney
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Additional fresh baby spinach
- Assorted crackers and fresh vegetables
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 4 oz. cream cheese and chopped spinach. In another bowl, combine chutney and remaining cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, pecans, onion and hot pepper sauce.
- 2. Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap. Spread half of the cheddar cheese mixture in prepared bowl. Layer with the spinach and chutney mixtures. Top with remaining cheddar cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Unmold onto a serving plate; garnish with additional spinach. Serve with crackers and vegetables. Yield: about 3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 130 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Four-Layer Cheese Spread
"I have made this so many times and have been asked for the recipe. Love it!"