Four-Herb Bread Recipe
Marjoram, thyme, basil and chives season this moist loaf, submitted by Sue Murphy of Greenwood, Michigan. "A friend gave me this recipe," she says. "The aroma while it's baking will make you think of a stuffed turkey roasting in the oven."
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 98 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Four-Herb Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC