Four-Fruit Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, gently toss rhubarb, apple, berries and lemon juice. Combine sugar and flour; stir into the fruit and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 381 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Four-Fruit Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.