Four-Fruit Compote Recipe
A beautiful side dish, this compote spotlights wonderful winter fruit like bananas, apples, oranges and pineapple. Of course, it can be made anytime of year. I'm sure you'll get as many smiles as I do when I bring out this refreshing salad at a potluck. —Donna Long, Searcy, Arkansas
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 to 4 medium apples, chopped
- 2 to 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the orange, lemon and pineapple juices until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the fruits. Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC