A beautiful side dish, this compote spotlights wonderful winter fruit like bananas, apples, oranges and pineapple. Of course, it can be made anytime of year. I'm sure you'll get as many smiles as I do when I bring out this refreshing salad at a potluck. —Donna Long, Searcy, Arkansas
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 to 4 medium apples, chopped
- 2 to 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the orange, lemon and pineapple juices until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruits. Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Four-Fruit Compote in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p39
Reviews for Four-Fruit Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review