- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 to 4 medium apples, chopped
- 2 to 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the orange, lemon and pineapple juices until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruits. Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Four-Fruit Compote
"Made this as written. Very good!! Added all the fruit to the sauce and served it the next day, we had leftovers the next day and none of the fruit had browned. Next time I may half some cherries for extra color."
"Love love love this. I make it frequently. It's always a hit!"
"Delish and easy. I made it the day before but added the bananas shortly before serving. This will be a go-to keeper."
"Great salad! Makes a large quantity; sauce is really good. I did wait to add the apples and bananas shortly before serving, but the leftovers did not turn brown quickly, maybe due to the juices in the sauce. I added fresh fruit to the leftovers to make it go further since there was plenty of sauce."
"Stir Lemon juice into the fruit. It will keep the apples and bananas from turning brown! This is YUMMY!"