- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 to 4 medium apples, chopped
- 2 to 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the orange, lemon and pineapple juices until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruits. Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Four-Fruit Compote
"https://fruitandme.com/?afmc=1bCompotes are delicious and not one side dish like Jams, heres a really yummy less fruit salad, more compote alternative"
"Made this as written. Very good!! Added all the fruit to the sauce and served it the next day, we had leftovers the next day and none of the fruit had browned. Next time I may half some cherries for extra color."
"Love love love this. I make it frequently. It's always a hit!"
"Delish and easy. I made it the day before but added the bananas shortly before serving. This will be a go-to keeper."
"Great salad! Makes a large quantity; sauce is really good. I did wait to add the apples and bananas shortly before serving, but the leftovers did not turn brown quickly, maybe due to the juices in the sauce. I added fresh fruit to the leftovers to make it go further since there was plenty of sauce."
"Stir Lemon juice into the fruit. It will keep the apples and bananas from turning brown! This is YUMMY!"
"This was quite good. I have made it twice now, and I learned two things. One, there was way too much sauce in my opinion, so I cut that part of the recipe in half. Much better. Two, don't cut in the apples and bananas until you're ready to serve it. Not terrible, but a lot better (and better looking) to wait. Other than those two things this was delicious and an excellent fruit dish to make in the winter time."
"Everyone loved this. The sauce makes it."
"We made this in five gallon buckets for my wedding. It's easy and gets plenty of compliments."