Four-Fruit Compote Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 to 4 medium apples, chopped
- 2 to 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the pineapple, orange and lemon juices until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruits. Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Four-Fruit Compote(9)
Sort By :
Stir Lemon juice into the fruit. It will keep the apples and bananas from turning brown! This is YUMMY!
This was quite good. I have made it twice now, and I learned two things. One, there was way too much sauce in my opinion, so I cut that part of the recipe in half. Much better. Two, don't cut in the apples and bananas until you're ready to serve it. Not terrible, but a lot better (and better looking) to wait. Other than those two things this was delicious and an excellent fruit dish to make in the winter time.
Everyone loved this. The sauce makes it.
We made this in five gallon buckets for my wedding. It's easy and gets plenty of compliments.
So easy and soooo delicious! We loved it! :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >