Four-Fruit Compote Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 to 4 medium apples, chopped
- 2 to 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the pineapple, orange and lemon juices until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruits. Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Four-Fruit Compote(7)
Sort By :
Everyone loved this. The sauce makes it.
We made this in five gallon buckets for my wedding. It's easy and gets plenty of compliments.
So easy and soooo delicious! We loved it! :)
This recipe is so easy and delicious. Anytime I need a quick salad to take I turn to this one. I always have requests for the recipe!
I have made this recipe many times and I like that I can make it a day ahead. When I do that, I often add the bananas and apples shortly before serving so they don't turn brown/get mushy. I have used different fruits easily, including fresh satsumas and grapes. Sometimes I add a pinch of cinnamon and/or cloves to the sauce. The last time I made it I used a small can of pineapple tidbits that didn't have enough juice, so I just added more orange juice to make the 3/4 cup. Very versatile.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >