Four-Food-Group Shakes Recipe
"We created this thick peanut butter and banana shake while teaching our 5-year-old son about the four basic food groups," notes Heather Fortney of Gahanna, Ohio. "It's a quick and delicious breakfast or snack that he enjoys making for family and friends."
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 whole graham cracker, broken into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 403 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Four-Food-Group Shakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC