Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells Recipe
These satisfying shells are bursting with ricotta, Asiago, mozzarella and cottage cheese. Use your favorite brand of spaghetti sauce—meatless or not. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Asiago cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, chives and 1/2 cup spinach (save the remaining spinach for another use).
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain pasta; stuff with cheese mixture. Arrange in prepared dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce and mozzarella.
Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked pasta shells; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in the center of 2 or 3 shells to read 165°. Yield: 2 servings.
3 stuffed shells equals 376 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 959 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC