Four-Cheese Spinach Pizza Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute spinach for 2-3 minutes or until wilted; remove from the skillet. Cool slightly; chop.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir in the spinach, salt and pepper. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, onions, olives, basil, oil, vinegar and garlic; sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- 4. Top with the feta cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese softens and is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 270 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Spinach Pizza
"We have made this twice - it is outstanding. Absolutely delicious pizza! You will not be disappointed if you make this. Even my teen and adolescent boys love it."
"DESLISH...this is a family favorite"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.