I adapted this recipe from one given to me by my Aunt Rosemary. I especially like to make this pizza in summer when fresh spinach and basil are plentiful—they are key to the wonderful taste. —Barbara Robinson of Hamburg, Pennsylvania
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute spinach for 2-3 minutes or until wilted; remove from the skillet. Cool slightly; chop.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir in the spinach, salt and pepper. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, onions, olives, basil, oil, vinegar and garlic; sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Top with the feta cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese softens and is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Spinach Pizza in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p37
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Spinach Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2013
"We have made this twice - it is outstanding. Absolutely delicious pizza! You will not be disappointed if you make this. Even my teen and adolescent boys love it."
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2011
"DESLISH...this is a family favorite"